The holidays are here, which means another excuse to indulge in some holiday cheer! And nothing warms up your belly when the weather cools down quite like a lively libation. Whichever holiday you partake in this time of year, any gathering of friends and family calls for some refreshment. Impress your closest kin with your DIY skills this holiday (and get them buzzed) with these great recipes from our clients!
Péché: Hot Buttered Rum
Nothing says holiday cheer quite like a hot drink. This spicy take on traditional hot buttered rum from Péché makes for an excellent DIY project that is at once simple and impressive!
Recipe Courtesy of Péché
1 pat of butter
1 oz Ancho Reyes liqueur
½ oz Crème de Cacao
1 oz rum
Cinnamon (to taste)
- Combine ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Serve when hot.
Backbeat: Champagne Flip
Whether you actually watch the ball drop or not, sipping on a glass of bubbly is one of the best ways to ring in the New Year. While Korbel in a solo cup is all well and good, why not dress it up this year? Undoubtably sophisticated, this bubbly-based recipe is super easy to DIY.
Recipe Courtesy of Backbeat
1 oz Pierre Ferrand 1840 Cognac
1/2 oz St. George Pear Brandy
1/4 oz Dry Curaçao
1/2 oz Heavy Cream
1/4 oz Simple Syrup
1 Small Egg White
1 oz Brut Champagne
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously for at least 45 seconds.
- Strain the drink into a wine glass or champagne flute using a fine mesh cocktail strainer.
- Top with a generous splash of Brut Champagne.
- Garnish with grated fresh nutmeg over the drink.