Both positions have been filled!
Resplendent Hospitality is hiring both an Account Coordinator and an Account Executive! Established in 2012, Resplendent Hospitality (RH) is a full-service creative agency that focuses on the lifestyle and hospitality industries. We offer a full suite of services to our clients, from public relations and experiential marketing to event planning, social media campaigns, website design, and full brand identities. Our female-led agency is comprised of young, talented hustlers, each with a different set of skills and experience. We are open to new ideas, trends and processes to better serve our clients and keep our climate one that is open, efficient and comfortable. We believe in hard work just as much as we believe in a healthy dose of work/life balance.
Resplendent Hospitality is looking for a full-time Account Coordinator. Candidates must have at least one year PR agency experience, and a serious love affair with food, drink and the hospitality industry. This position will require the candidate to immediately assist on client accounts with management from Account Executive and Account Directors. We are looking for a dedicated team player who is eager, organized, creative, professional and rational, in addition to being an excellent communicator—both written and verbally. The candidate must be interested in engaging in the community of Austin and Central Texas, which consists of attending multiple events on a weekly basis, developing relationships with media and thought leaders and staying abreast of current events. Additionally, our ideal candidate must have a grasp on the national hospitality industry and understand where our clients fit best. If the below describes you, please email resume, cover letter, writing samples and salary requirements to email@example.com.
What you will be doing:
- Assist Account Executive and Directors on full-service campaigns—coordinating media events, generating original ideas, drafting and distributing press materials, pitching media, booking clients for appearances, manning multiple social media and PR accounts at one time and understanding your clients’ objectives
- Attend client events as an RH and client representative
- Community relations—ensuring client gives back to the sector for which they feel most passionate. Ensure this message is conveyed to media
- Researching/Organization/Reading—Googling, often. Includes fine tuning our local, regional and national editorial calendars and lists
- Pitching—craft creative and timely pitches about which the media actually care
- Networking—develop and cultivate a network of media and community contacts
- Hustling—we work hard and fast. Know how to effectively pivot when priorities change
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Journalism, Public Relations and/or Communications or a related field
- 1- 3 years agency experience
- High level of interest in the hospitality industry. Experience working in the hospitality industry is a bonus
- Experience executing or assisting PR campaign for multiple clients simultaneously
- Possess the ability to cultivate and maintain professional relationships with clients, media, colleagues, and really, any type of human
- Knowledge of Cision and the Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of Instagram, Twitter and Facebook inside and out. Experience with Sprout Social
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in an ever-changing environment while keeping a level head and professional demeanor
- Strong writing and communication skills. Knowledge of AP format.
- Flexible remote work policy
- Health Insurance, including vision, dental and life
- Paid Time Off (where we really honor vacation time)
- Partial Cell and Mileage Reimbursement
- Performance-based bonus structure
Resplendent Hospitality is looking for a full-time Account Executive. Candidates must have at least three years of PR agency experience and a serious love affair with the food, drink and hospitality industry as a whole. We are looking for someone who can immediately manage their own accounts with assistance. We are also looking for someone who is eager, organized, creative, professional and rational, in addition to being an excellent communicator—both written and verbally. The candidate must be interested in engaging in the community of Austin, which consists of attending multiple events on a weekly basis (most of which are after work hours and sometimes on the weekend), developing relationships with thought leaders and staying abreast of relevant Austin affairs. Additionally, our ideal candidate must have a grasp on the national hospitality industry, understanding where our clients fit in best. This is not an entry-level position. If the below describes you, please email resume, cover letter, writing samples and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At least 3 years of PR experience, either in-house or agency, preferably in the hospitality world.
- A past history of working in the food and beverage industry—no matter the capacity.
- Possess the ability to cultivate and maintain professional relationships with clients, media and really, any type of human.
- Know how to write press releases, media alerts and other press materials in AP format, with deadlines in mind.
- Professional demeanor with a sense of humor.
- Have a mode of transportation to travel around central Austin and San Antonio.
- Know major media outlets on the local, regional and national levels.
- Have a grasp on today’s hospitality industry in Austin, San Antonio and beyond.
- Be a fast learner with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, manage others and meet deadlines.
What you will be doing (which can vary from day to day):
- Execute and manage full-service public relations and marketing campaigns for clients, which include:
- Drafting and distributing press materials
- Securing press
- Coordinating media events
- Creating focused media lists
- Booking clients for various appearances and events
- Constantly drumming up new creative ideas for clients
- Working with the RH social media department on several social media accounts simultaneously understanding clients’ objectives and scope of work as a whole
- Craft creative, relative and timely pitches that the media will actually care about.
- Assist with event production, digital maintenance and more.
- Community relations—Ensuring client gives back to the sector that they feel most passionate about. Ensure this message is conveyed to media.
- Researching/organization/reading—Googling, often.
- Hustling—We work hard and fast.
- Knowledge of Cision
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of PhotoShop and/or InDesign
- Knowledge of MailChimp/Constant Contact
- Knowledge of Sprout Social
- DSLR photography skills
- Hospitality-specific PR Agency experience
- An eye for good design
- You can teach us something we don’t already know
- Health insurance (Medical, Vision, Dental and Life)
- Competitive PTO package
- Reimbursements for mileage and cell phone
- Performance-based bonus structure