Resplendent Hospitality is looking for a Full-Time Account Executive based in Austin, Texas. Candidates must have at least three years PR agency experience and a serious love affair with the food, drink and hospitality industry as a whole. We are looking for someone who can immediately manage their own accounts with assistance. We are also looking for someone who is eager, organized, creative, professional and rational, in addition to being an excellent communicator — both written and verbally. The candidate must be interested in engaging in the Austin community, which consists of attending multiple events on a weekly basis (most of which are after work hours and occasionally on the weekend), developing relationships with thought leaders and staying abreast of relevant Austin affairs. Additionally, our ideal candidate must have a grasp on the national hospitality industry, understanding where our clients fit in best. This is not an entry-level position. If the below describes you, please email resume, cover letter, writing samples and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At least 3 years of PR experience, either in-house or agency, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- A past history of working in the food and beverage industry, no matter the capacity.
- Possess the ability to cultivate and maintain professional relationships with clients, media and really, any type of human.
- Know how to write press releases, media alerts and other press materials in AP format, with deadlines in mind.
- Professional demeanor with a sense of humor.
- Have a mode of transportation to travel around central Austin and San Antonio.
- Know major media outlets on the local, regional and national levels.
- Have a grasp on today’s hospitality industry in Austin, San Antonio and beyond.
- Be a fast learner with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, manage others and meet deadlines.
What you will be doing (which can vary from day to day):
- Execute and manage full-service public relations and marketing campaigns for clients, which include:
- Drafting and distributing press materials
- Securing press for clients
- Coordinating media events for clients
- Creating focused media lists
- Booking clients for various appearances and events
- Constantly drumming up new creative ideas for clients
- Working with the RH social media department on several social media accounts, while simultaneously understanding clients’ objectives and scope of work as a whole
- Craft creative, relative and timely pitches that the media will actually care about
- Assist with event production, digital maintenance and more
- Community relations — Ensuring client gives back to the sector that they feel most passionate about. Ensure this message is conveyed to media.
- Researching/organization/reading — Googling, often.
- Hustling — We work hard and fast.
- Knowledge of Cision
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop and/or InDesign
- Knowledge of email platforms, i.e. MailChimp and Constant Contact
- Knowledge of Sprout Social
- DSLR photography skills
- Hospitality specific PR agency experience
- An eye for good design
- You can teach us something we don’t already know
- Health insurance (Medical, Vision, Dental and Life)
- Work-from-home Fridays
- Competitive PTO package
- Reimbursements for mileage and cell phone
- Performance-based bonus structure