The primary role of the Social Media Manager is to create, execute and manage clients’ social media campaigns with the assistance of a Social Media Coordinator. Will work in tandem with PR team to produce cohesive strategies. This candidate will work in our Northwest Arkansas office in a part-time, contract capacity with the potential to become a full-time employee after a three-month period.
- Execute full-service social media campaigns—onboard social media clients effectively, create content calendars for multiple platforms, understand and distinguish client voice.
- Manage and delegate to social media coordinator and manager to ensure all needs of the client are met.
- Develop and manage social media campaign budget(s).
- Extensive copywriting— creating captions and copy for a variety of social content, replying and engaging with followers often.
- Constant research best new social media practices.
- Working to meet client and internal benchmarks.
- Management of multiple accounts via Sprout Social.
- Collaborate with PR account team to ensure brand consistency and a cohesive strategy.
- Oversee social media accounts overall aesthetic.
- Engaging in the community of Northwest Arkansas as a whole, which consists of attending various events on a weekly basis, developing relationships with thought leaders, and staying abreast of current events.
- Hustling—we work hard and fast. Know how to effectively pivot when priorities shift. Work flexibility is a must.
- Ongoing outreach to seek and secure new business in Northwest Arkansas.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing and/or Communications or a related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in business-related social media. Candidates must have at least two years of direct social media experience for business(es) and campaigns, and a serious love affair with food, drink and the hospitality industry.
- A short and sweet portfolio or website of your recent work.
- Team management and client services experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – you should be proficient in answering difficult questions from clients.
- Intermediate experience with photography and filter editing.
- Knowledge inside and out of Instagram, Twitter and Facebook and Sprout Social (or related platform).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in an ever-changing environment while keeping a level head and professional demeanor
- Use of a personal computer
- Reliable transportation
- Knowledge of WordPress, Canva and the Adobe Professional Suite.
- Photography skills and portfolio.
- Videography skills and portfolio.
- Graphic design skills.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and your portfolio of work (copywriting/caption and photography work, social media accounts you’ve managed etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org.