WE’RE HIRING AN ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Resplendent Hospitality is looking for a full-time Account Executive. Candidates must have at least three years PR agency experience and a serious love affair with food, drink and the hospitality industry. This position will require the candidate to immediately manage accounts with assistance from Account Coordinators and Interns.
We are looking for someone who is eager, organized, creative, professional and rational, in addition to being an excellent communicator—both written and verbally. The candidate must be interested in engaging in the communities of Austin and Central Texas, which consists of attending multiple events on a weekly basis, developing relationships with media and thought leaders and staying abreast of current events. Additionally, our ideal candidate must have a grasp on the national hospitality industry and understand where our clients fit best.
If the below describes you, please email resume, cover letter, writing samples and salary requirements to email@example.com.
What you will be doing:
Executing full-service campaigns—Including, but not limited to:
- Pitching—Craft creative and timely pitches the media actually care about.
- Drafting and distributing press materials
- Coordinating media and special events
- Booking clients for appearances
- Manning multiple PR and social media accounts at one time and understanding your clients’ objectives
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and constantly generating original ideas
- Managing—Both a team of Account Coordinators and Interns, in addition to collaborating well with colleagues
- Researching/organizing/reading—Googling, often. Includes fine tuning our local, regional and national editorial calendars and lists to maintain a finger on the pulse of industry trends.
- Networking—Maintain and cultivate a network of media and community contacts
- Ensuring client gives back to the community sector for which they feel most passionate and assisting in conveying this message to media
- Hustling—We work hard and fast. Know how to effectively pivot when priorities change.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Journalism, Public Relations and/or Communications or a related field
- 3+ years agency experience
- Experience managing and executing PR campaign for multiple clients simultaneously
- High level of interest in the hospitality industry. Experience working in the hospitality industry is a bonus. Possess the ability to cultivate and maintain professional relationships with clients, media, colleagues, and really, any type of human.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in an ever-changing environment while keeping a level head and professional demeanor
- Strong writing and communication skills, including knowledge of AP format
- Proficiency in Cision and the Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter and Facebook) inside and out. Experience with HootSuite or other social media management + monitoring platform is a bonus.