Social Media: Manager
Location: Northwest Arkansas (*This is not a remote position)
What Would You Like to Change?
Every day, clients work with us to help disseminate the message about their brand and come up with fresh, creative ideas. Whether that be a restaurant, spirit brand, real estate company, non-profit, hotel, etc., they’re experts in their fields and oftentimes the entrepreneurs themselves entrust us to share their dream. They’re looking for the right team to help bring their business to the public and craft messaging and stories through Public Relations, Marketing and Social Media. If you’re a fast learner and love working on multiple clients at once, where every day is different, you’re going to like Resplendent.
What about the way you work?
At Resplendent, we focus on autonomy with results in a collaborative, team environment. Our role is to support you and give you the space needed to thrive, which includes flexibility through an office space and WFH lifestyle. We care less about where you physically are to get the job done but about how you get it done while being a team player.
What about whom you work with?
Our hiring philosophy is simple: hire good people who enjoy working hard while yielding results. Give them exciting and various client accounts to service and trust them to be their best. It’s a level of autonomy and respect that’s helped us grow the diverse team of experts our clients hire us to be. Experts who also happen to be some of the best colleagues you’ve ever worked with. At Resplendent, we care about our clients, and we care about each other too.
How about your career?
Now that you know a little about us, we’d love to hear more about you. If you’re passionate about learning new things and the position below sounds like you, you should definitely apply.
It might be time to change jobs. Maybe even an industry or two.
Who You Are (Personality Type)
- Well-organized and detail-oriented. You might even feel that’s an understatement.
- Problems give you purpose. You feel energized in planning ambitious projects with ambitious people.
- Self-confidence. You speak with conviction to clients and colleagues and have faith in your own ideas.
- Someone with a to-do list. You take on tasks, identify the important details, prioritize and get them by deadline.
- Team-driven. You value working with a team over working solo and know that a client’s success is attributed to the team. You’re always willing to help teammates when necessary.
- A storyteller. You have a knack for telling the stories of brands, old and new and find it exciting to craft story strategies for clients.
- Open to learning. You take critical feedback and apply it to help better your role, your client’s success and your impact at work.
- Proactive. You jump in to assist when opportunities present and don’t fear speaking up if you see something off.
- You think clearly. You think big. You can see the forest for the trees; as well as the path ahead. More importantly, you’re okay with the effort required to make a big impact.
- Corporate life is not for you. You see the reward of working within a smaller agency and understand the benefits of working with a close-knit team that values individuality.
What You’ll Be Doing (Job Tasks)
- Working with and managing a team. Work with all Resplendent teams to create and execute full-service social media campaigns. Manage and lead your social media team to success.
- Holistic Campaigns. You’ll work with our Public Relations and Marketing team to create and execute full-service communications strategies to ensure brand consistency and a holistic approach that benefits the client.
- Have a good eye for photography. Be able to wield an iphone or DSLR camera and produce attractive, on-brand images for multiple clients.
- Work with new and existing clients. Onboard social media clients effectively, create compelling communications plans for multiple clients, understand and distinguish client voice.
- Lead with integrity. Oversee junior staff, approving their work and mentoring them on client relations and tasks.
- Be a good steward of funds. Develop and manage social media ad campaign budget(s), and execute paid advertising in Business Manager based on the client’s SOW.
- Stay on top of it. Create monthly content calendars for multiple clients using engaging written and visual content through photography, graphics, captions and other multimedia.
- Remain engaged. Monitor and engage on client platforms to retain an active online presence and interact with key audiences.
- Never stop learning. Constant research on best new social media practices.
- Meet your milestones. Work to meet both client and internal benchmarks.
- Interpret the Data. Report monthly analytics and ROI for clients – an understanding of how to interpret data and adjust content strategy accordingly is imperative.
- Keep our clients influential. Manage Influencer Campaigns, from influencer outreach and discovery to execution of paid brand campaigns.
- QC. Provide quality assurance for all work; act as an editor for junior level team members
We’d Love to Hear From You If (Job Requirements)
- 3+ years’ experience in business-related social media. Keep in mind experience may be commensurate with skill. If you’ve worked internally in a social or digital media role (outside an agency), but have a wealth of knowledge – let us know.
- Your Portfolio. A short and sweet portfolio of your recent work.
- Experience managing and executing social media campaigns. And for multiple clients simultaneously.
- Management experience. You’ve led a team and thrive when others are doing their best work.
- Love Photography. Experience with professional photography, iphone photography and/or filter editing.
- Strong writing and communications skills. From quippy captions to content strategy briefs, you have strong writing skills that can be adapted to fit the different needs and unique voices of our clients.
- You know the platforms and who is on them. Knowledge of Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook (including Business Manager), Sprout Social and Canva inside and out.
- High Level of interest in the community and success of Northwest Arkansas. You love NWA and know it is one of the nation’s best kept secrets. You don’t want it to be the next Austin, but think it’s sweet when others do. You care about our community, its economic vitality and its residents from all walks of life.
- You excel at multitasking. You can manage multiple accounts and tasks at once and thrive in that environment.
- Professional attitude. You have previous experience in dealing with clients and colleagues in a workplace setting and aren’t shy or intimidated. You take yourself seriously, but at the end of the day know, this is just a job.
- You’re a consumer of media. You spend hours scrolling through Instagram and TikTok, and you’re always up-to-date on that latest social media trends and algorithm updates.
- You have flexibility. You understand that occasional night and weekend work is required and have reliable transportation.
- You live in Northwest Arkansas. You must already be living in Northwest Arkansas at the time of the interview.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Bonus Points for:
- Knowledge of WordPress and the Adobe Professional Suite
- Digital Illustration skills
- Videography or editing skills
- An interest in layout and design
- Experience with Google Analytics
Our Core Values
- Autonomy with results: We respect everyone’s time, own our work and are solution-driven.
- Stop. Collaborate and Listen: We are dependable and work toward a common goal with integrity.
- Adaptable and Nimble: We embrace change. We practice flexibility with clients and each other (with an open mind.)
- Have Perspective: Our attitudes reflect the work we do. We take the work seriously, but we aren’t curing cancer!
What You’ll Love About Us (Benefits and Perks)
- Stability. We’ve been in business for a decade.
- Work / Life Balance. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage the use of PTO and emphasize the O in PTO. You will not be hearing from us when you are out.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career, while we’re not career managers, we are here to help you become who you want to be at Resplendent and not to micromanage you.
- Stay Healthy. We offer medical, dental, vision, life and supplemental coverage as well as mental health days.
- Love your community. We offer community service days to employees on top of PTO.
- Cell Phone. Your phone helps you get your job done daily and we will reimburse you with a monthly stipend.
- We value your ideas. Our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- Rest and relaxation. Employees enjoy 14 days of PTO, nine US paid holidays, one mental health day per quarter, four paid community service hours and two floating holidays.
- Professional development. Want to continue your education? Resplendent is happy to discuss and potentially pay for a continued educational class that could help your skills and team at the office.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness.
- Family Values. Resplendent Hospitality provides paid parental leave.
- WFAnywhere. Want to spend 10 days with your family back in the Northeast but not use your PTO? That’s A.OK at Resplendent.
- Our belief: We dedicate our time, talent and reach to amplify voices. Beyond our portfolio of client work, we also champion causes that speak to our core values. As a company we believe feminism is for everyone, Black lives matter, LGBTQIA Rights are Human Rights, Mental Health is important, no one should go hungry, and everyone should have equal access to vote. If you feel the same, this is the right place for you.
If this sounds like the place for you, we’d love to have you. Please submit your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and write which core value of ours you resonate with most submitted to email@example.com.