There are quite a few lovely Valentine’s Day themed happenings this week in Austin! Here are just a few of the highlights from our clients and friends:
* Métier Cook’s Supply/LENOIR’s Wine Garden: On Thursday from 5:30 to 7 p.m., there is a complimentary Vday-themed Wine Tasting with LENOIR Beverage Director Chris Kelly featuring lush and blush reds. And then on Saturday at 10 a.m. at Métier, there will be a Feather’s & Frosting Valentine’s Day-Themed Cake Pop-Up with small cakes (pictured top, far left) for two and cookies available for purchase!
*The Peached Tortilla: The fine folks at Peached are doing a prix fixe menu Sunday night, including Korean Braised Short Ribs and Profiterole “Ice Cream Sandwiches,” in addition to its normal brunch menu. And in case you aren’t going out, here is a recipe for The Peached Tortilla’s The Ladybird cocktail (pictured center, top) to make at home for your lover, or a’hem, yourself:
- 1 1/2 oz Tito’s Vodka
- 3/4 oz Ginger Liqueur
- 3/4 oz Lime Juice
- 3/4 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 Maraschino Cherry
Method: Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice. Shake hard for 10 seconds, before straining into a martini glass with the cherry as garnish.
* Hops & Grain Brewery: Stop by the Hops & Grain tap room at noon on Valentine’s Day where they will tap two Volumes of Oak Beers: Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter Culture with Raspberries and Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter Culture with Cherries. Both were aged in Heaven Hill Bourbon Barrels (pictured top, far right) is Founder Josh Hare filling the barrels with one pound of fruit per gallon of beer.
* Isla: Brunch will be served with a few specials at Isla, including the Lover’s Quarrel cocktail (pictured bottom, far left), a strawberry infused Dark & Stormy with housemade ginger beer, courtesy of Bar Manager Miguel Lopez.
* Gypsy Floral: The ladies of Gypsy Floral are throwing two “GALentine’s Day” Floral classes on Wednesday and Thursday where guests will learn how to arrange and take home a gorgeous bouquet (like the one pictured bottom, center) to gift to someone or keep for yourself!! Tickets and details here.
* Jacoby’s Restaurant & Mercantile: Open for brunch on Vday (10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.) and opened for a special dinner (normally not open on Sundays) from 5 to 10 p.m., so this will be a unique menu to celebrate the occasion. All week leading up to Valentine’s Day, all candles and jewelry in Jacoby’s Mercantile will be 20% off.
*Juniper: Will host its normal brunch (with a few specials), but the most important thing you should know: bubbles will be half off!